Wednesday 5 November 2014

More artichokes

Recently I posted a painting of an artichoke along with other flowers on my blog. I was approached by Stillman & Birn, the sketchbook manufacturer, who wanted to feature this painting on their blog. I am honoured to have my sketch acknowledged in this way. 
You can see this post here.


I thought it would be interesting to re-visit previous artichoke drawings and paintings.  
The first one is a miniature  - very fine detail using a tiny brush, most likely 5/0 sable.

Artichokes

Miniature diameter of image 50mm (2 inches)
Dimensions of wooden frame 90mm x 90mm (3.5 in x 3.5 in)


Artichoke - watercolour on Arches paper


This drawing was done using a Noodler’s Konrad Flex pen with Noodler’s #41 Brown ink. The wash has been created using a water brush while the ink was still wet. 

Artichokes watercolour on Arches paper 
Image size 170mm x 120mm 

Artichokes - Framed

And here is the painting that Stillman & Birn featured in their blog post:

Artichoke - ink and watercolour Alpha series Sketchbook

Soon some of these will be available as prints in my Etsy shop. I'll post details here and on Facebook when these are ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment